To help every student reach his or her maximum potential through high quality instruction and character building experiences.” Zachary High School Mission
I would like to extend my gratitude to the students, teachers, and parents for the Awesome beginning to the 2013-2014 school year. Our enrollment continues to rise-1,574 total students-so our teachers are working harder than ever in the Pursuit of Excellence. That pursuit means meeting the needs of every student at Zachary High School.
The high standards placed on our students by our teachers will remain the same and all of our students will be expected to meet them. By continuing to challenge students, we will fulfill our mission of preparing them for life after high school. Our teachers, students, administrators and support staff will all do their part to make your child’s experience this year a successful one, but we need the support of all parents as well. We ask that you give your children the support and encouragement they need to be successful. As parents, we must demand that our children do the very best they are capable of doing.
Please review your child’s progress report and take the time to discuss any problems that your child may be having in any class. If necessary make an appointment with his/her teachers to discuss these problems. It is our goal that these problems are addressed as early as possible so that the remainder of the school year will be productive. Remember that these grades do not start over for the second six-weeks; they will continue throughout the first semester. The only time grades begin again is at the beginning of each semester. Hopefully, you are utilizing the Parent Command Center and are keeping up with your child’s grades and attendance. This resource has proven to be a great asset to parents, and I encourage all of you to access this information through the Zachary High School website. That support allows us to meet the needs of all our students as we prepare them to “Make Awesome Happen” in all endeavors.
- Mrs. Debra Toney for being selected the Louisiana State A.P.E. Teacher of the Year!!
- Mr. Emmitt Glynn for being invited to participate in a NBCT Forum in Washington D.C.
- The Football team for their win over Northwest H. S. last Friday night.
- The Volleyball team for their wins over Denham Springs and Episcopal last week.
- Football vs East Feliciana at Home Friday, 7:00 pm (Faculty Appreciation Night)
- September 23, Picture Day
- September 26, See You at the Pole – 7:00am in front of the school.
- ACT Prep Classes start September 28, check with our Counselors for more information.
It’s a Great Day to be a Bronco!